DMN (Decision Modeling Notation)
Enterprise Architect 14 provides framework which is new, extensive and highly effective Decision Modeling. DMN lets you create powerful fact and rule-based models for specification, simulation and even code generation.
Built model from the ground, the new support for DMN is extremely comprehensive and provides modelers with an exciting and tightly integrated new feature that supports rule-based decision modeling in a standards compliant manner allowing for various simulations, integrations and code generation outputs useful for defining rules and for generating the implementation code to evaluate those rules.
Notation support includes hierarchical rule sets, highly effective, specialized editors to manage and evaluate rule sets. Configuration tools and more allow the modeler to integrate DMN sets within simulatable state charts to procedurally govern state changes according to DMN defined rule sets and hierarchies of rule sets. Modeling and design elements within the Enterprise Architect repository.
- Reduce clutter in business and technical models by modeling decisions separately
- Visualize networks of decisions and decision dependencies
- Simulate the model allowing the visualization of decisions
- Generate programming code in a variety of languages
The language was designed to work in symbiosis with BPMN but you can use it to model system decisions in a wide range of other languages including UML, SysML, SoaML, Code Engineering to name a few.
Features at a Glance:
- DMN 1.1 Profile
- Simulation: Run/Step Simulation for Decision hierarchy
- Integration with BPSim
- Expressions: Boxed Literal Expression, Boxed Context, Boxed Invocation, Functions, Decision Tables, List
- Decision Table: Sort by Input/Output, Merge/Unmerge, Rotate
- Business Knowledge Model: Test Harness
- Input Data: Multiple Data Set, CSV Import/Export